In 2021, the SuperContest Classic features 9 in-season bonuses in addition to paying out the Top 30 overall places at the end of the NFL regular season with a $1,000 entry fee, no rake (100% payback) and 3-entry limit. The SuperContest is well-known for allowing entrants to pick five NFL sides every week over the course of the season. With 18 weeks starting this year, the Westgate has decided to pay out the Top 3 places ($75,000 to first, $25,000 to second and $5,000 to third) at the end of Week 3, Week 6, Week 9, Week 12, Week 15 and Week 18. Then there will be an additional 3 bonuses paid out to the Top 5 ($100k to first, $50k to second, $10k to third, $5k to fourth and $2.5k to fifth) after Weeks 6, 12 and 18.
The Westgate SuperBook also previously added a high-stakes, winner-take-all version called SuperContest Gold with a $5,000 entry fee in 2017 (our client Stag Capital won it that year – see photo above). SuperContest Gold has all the same rules as the original SuperContest, including number of weekly picks (5) and deadlines. The only differences are the higher entry fee, 1 winner awarded 100% of the pot and limited to 1 entry with no in-season bonuses.
The SuperContest Reboot is another version limited strictly to Weeks 10-18 for $500 per entry with a max of 3.
Contestants can start signing up at the SuperBook on Thursday, July 1. The final deadline is Saturday, September 11 at 3 p.m. SuperContest Weekend is scheduled for August 27 and 28 this year as well.
2021 SuperContest Classic Details
- Entry fee is $1,000 with a 3-entry limit and no rake (100% payback)
- Contestants must be 21 years of age
- Pick 5 NFL sides against the spread each week from static lines released each Wednesday
- Prize money for the season overall is based on number of entries and the Top 30 get paid out
- Nine in-season bonuses also awarded after every 3 weeks and 6 weeks (see above for more details)
- A proxy is accepted to submit picks but contestant must enter in person at the Las Vegas SuperBook
- You do not need to reside in the state of Nevada or in the United States to enter
- Past winners have won $207K, $220K, $303K, $259K, $310K, $447K, $557K, $736K, $914K, $895K, $1.3 million and $1.4 million in 2018 and 2019
- Sign-ups in 2021 start on Thursday, July 1st
- Final sign-up deadline is 3 p.m. on Saturday, September 11th